Pages

7 Nov 2013

Teeccino

I was out of Pero, so I was going to get some the other day..... I guess I should explain what is Pero. It is a name of the product under which is my favourite Caro imported to the US.




So, what is Caro? If you live in Germany, I am quite sure you know it. It was introduced in Germany in 1954 and is manufactured by Nestlé. It is a brand of caffeine free roasted grain beverage, basically a coffee substitute made of roasted barley, malted barley, chicory, and rye.
I am not really trying to avoid coffee as I am not one of the heavy coffee drinkers at all. I simply like the taste of it, especially with a little bit of milk.



So, I am in a store looking for my Pero and it is nowhere to be found. I was really angry because I traveled to that particular store to get that one item, and they just dare not to have it. Unfortunately you can't find it here in the US in almost every store like in Europe. Well, I was determined to get some barley, chicory, rye.....anything really but coffee beverage, and.... Bingo! Here it is - a full shelf of Teeccino, a new product.

I got Vanilla Nut flavour described as Creamy vanilla accented by golden roasted almonds, slightly sweet from dates & figs....doesn't that sound wonderful? Not only that, it tastes great and comes with many health benefits.

 
 
 

 
There are other flavours and you can purchase a 8 Flavours Sampler as I have just discovered.
I am going to try some of them for sure.

  • Hazelnut
  • Almond Amaretto
  • French Roast
  • Java
  • Original
  • Mocha
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla Nut

 

No comments:

Post a Comment