Pages

26 Sept 2013

Plane crash

Yesterday afternoon I was doing some work on my computer and all of the sudden I hear this strange noise from outside. At first I thought somebody was mowing lawn, but the noise was getting louder and louder, so I went to my patio to check what the heck was going on. Well, to my surprise, there were four helicopters hovering in the air focusing on one area. When it was going on like this for 20 minutes I decided to check TV news and internet, by that time I knew something was wrong.

There it was right in the headlines "Bolingbrook Plane Crash" 
The helicopters were the news choppers.


Chicago Tribune , 25 September 2013














The pilot of the small single-engine plane was heading for the Clow International Airport http://www.bbclowairport.com/ when the plane hit a tree and three cars before it crashed in the parking lot of a Chase Bank at Weber road which is just minutes from where I live.

Aerial View of Clow International Airport



According to Chicago Tribune, the pilot of the plane, 63 year old man from Kentucky, died yesterday at Loyola Medical Center where he had been taken with severe burns. His wife, the other person on board, died at the scene.

My husband was on his way from work and passing the scene in real time. This is what he witnessed.

What a sad day.





No comments:

Post a Comment