Pages

2 Dec 2013

Lyon - Fête des Lumières


I have just seen an ad on Euronews TV for Fête des Lumières or Festival of Lights in Lyon, France and have to mention this one as I have heard so much about it.
If you happen to be in Lyon or in the area, you have to see it. It is the best known and most popular festival of Lyon and this year takes place from December 6 to December 9 throughout Lyon.

 
 
 

 

 

2011

 
2012
 


This tradition began in 1852 when households illuminated their windows and balconies to celebrate the Virgin Mary. Today the Festival of Lights showcases the city's architecture, and also includes rivers and parks into the show.
Up to 3 million visitors come to experience this event (free of charge) in many different areas of the city, but the best spectacle is located in the city centre.

I would love to see it myself one day as I haven't had a chance yet. I think it is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment