Pages

1 Oct 2013

New "American" Microwave

We bought a new microwave (an over-the-range one with built-in extractor hood) together with other kitchen appliances 3 months ago, but it was installed only this week. My husband was doing it himself and when he started, he realized it would be a difficult project. We wanted it venting out and as soon as he cut out a piece of drywall, there it was - a pipe and electric cables in it and a stud right in the way where the vent was supposed to go.





So we left it for a couple of weeks and focused on other projects, but at the same time were thinking what would be the best solution to this problem. We knew how to deal with the stud, but now also electricity!!! We decided to close the drywall and use the kitchen cabinet above, where was more space, to direct the piping outside there.

Finally, the microwave is working, so I started experimenting with its features. I decided for this GE Profile microwave because it is matching my GE Profile stove/ range. (WOW label)

One of the button says FAMILY SNACKS, so I pressed it and here it comes, these are my options:

1 - BURRITO
2 - CHICKEN NUGGETS
3 - OATMEAL
4 - INSTANT MAC AND CHEESE
5 - CANNED PASTA
6 - HOT DOGS
7 - FROZEN MICROWAVE PIZZA
8 - HOT CHOCOLATE

 
Well done GE! There should be a sticker on this product - "for Americans only". Definitely NOT my type of snacks. I can use only one option - OATMEAL. Even hot chocolate that I make is from fresh cocoa powder, but maybe I can trick the machine and use this option as well.
 
Well, the rest of the features are great, so let's just forget about this one :-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment