Pages

28 Feb 2013

Zojirushi - Rice and more rice to come.

My husband and I love sushi. Apart from that also Chinese and Indian food where rice is used often. As we have moved a lot and changed our kitchen numerous times we discovered that it is getting more and more difficult to make our rice just right. We either couldn’t find the same brand anymore because of a different location or had to cook once on gas, other times on electrical stoves and because of these changes, we basically didn’t know how would our rice turn out. Until the other day, when we discovered a rice maker, thanks to our Japanese friends. What a discovery! We absolutely love the machine. It is a Japanese brand called Zojirushi. (I believe it means elephant. There is a logo of an elephant on the machine, so I guess it is true)

Our sushi rice turned out great the first time. I also made wild rice and it was perfect. I even cooked in it a mix called Garden Harvest Pilaf which I purchased in Costco and was really successful. You can also use it for porridge, but I haven’t tried this option yet. What I am planning to do is to put Quinoa in it and wait and see what it will come up withJ It would be great if it works as well. Will report on that later. This machine is such a time saver too. You can also use a timer and have your rice ready at your desired time. I would recommend this appliance to anyone who is annoyed with making rice in boiling water and wants to save time!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment