Pages

20 Jan 2014

American Eskimo

I miss having a dog. I used to have a breed that is in Europe called Spitz, but I was told here it is American Eskimo. I am still confused, as you can see from the pictures below they are also called Japanese Spitz. Anyway,  this is how mine looked like. Could you resist this face? I love this breed. But be aware, these dogs are not for everyone, they look like angels, but can be a bit tricky :-) You definitely have to be a pack leader.




via Google Images










via KONALAE www.konalaejapanesespitz.com



I haven't had a dog for a long time. I didn't want to because of our constant relocating. It was unthinkable.
Now we have our own house with a big garden, so it should be perfect scenario for a new dog, BUT... I don't really like to keep a dog inside of a house (most of the time anyway), and after living in Chicago for a while I realized that it would be difficult. I can't keep a dog outside during the extreme weather that we experience here especially in winter and summer. Also, I am used to, from back home, taking a dog for a walk in a countryside where he can run free. Here it is pretty much on a leach or a dog park, behind a fence. The rest of the time inside of a house. I don't know, somehow it is not for me. Will I ever have a dog again?! I hope so, but for now I am still undecided.


my local dog park at Whalon Lake

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment