Pages

26 Jul 2013

US DOLLARS vs EURO


When I was selling the old appliances that were in the house we have just purchased, I was paid cash  and received 100 dollar notes. I don't really see them often, also most of the time I use a credit card, I guess I am becoming an American :-) 

The fact is, based on my observation, it is very unusual to use the real money here in the US. In fact, whenever I used cash in the past I saw panic in a cashier's eyes. They are not used to it and I think  it reflects in people's sense for values. It is completely a consumerist mentality here in the US that I can't really relate to. The son of my husband’s colleague got his first credit card when he was 16 years old! Unfortunately, they use a credit score system here and without a credit history you basically don’t exist, but it is another story.

When talking about money, I don't really like US dollars. Everything looks the same - just green. It is difficult to find a note you want in your purse* , the 5 cent coin is bigger than the 10 cent coin, it is all just confusing.

I like EURO currency better, US dollar has a really boring design in comparison with other currencies.

 (*WOW label - 'purse' also means 'woman's handbag' in US and Canadian English)

EURO








US Dollars





No comments:

Post a Comment