Pages

29 Apr 2013

AIR CONDITIONING MADNESS

I decided to write about AC. Moving here from Europe it was something new to get used to for me and to be honest I am still dealing with it. I think that an average American would die without air conditioning :-) Yesterday it was 20 C° during a day and in the evening my neighbour was running his AC. It was 15 C° at that time!!! It is insane.

These pictures are from some previous apartments we lived in (one of the most expensive apartments in the area). It looks very similar where I live now and what you have to deal with is noise. Basically it is a row of compressors next to your window. How would you like to sleep in the bedroom surrounded by this?

It is better if you live in a house. We rented a house before and it is less disturbing because there is just one AC attached to a house (usually on a side) and further from your windows. Unfortunately the units are much bigger and hence noisier. The noise levels depend on an exact location and direction from your house. I have seen houses where the unit was directly on a patio! I would like to meet an architect who designed it that way.

My previous neighbour was running AC at his house basically for 6 months in a year even when it was 18C outside. I don't understand what is wrong with some people!

So, if you have never seen this in your life (like me before I moved here), be aware, especially if you like your peace.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment